Thursday, April 21, 2011

QTP Performance Issue

am presenting a scenario for you to think on

#################################################################

I am using HP Quicktest Professional 11. My one Test Script makes call to around 30 External actions. (it uses most of them in one run)

When I modify a cell in one tab of the Datatable (of the 30 tabs referencing the 30 external actions in my script) and attempts to save the script, it takes so long; sometimes close to 45 seconds upto 1 minute.
If I try to open this kind of script, again it takes this much amount of time.

a) Does that mean QTP always try to save the 30 'Default.xls' files in addition to the one 'Default.xls' file that has been modified?
b) Should QTP not save just the one 'Default.xls' file that has been modified?

Note:
All the actions in my Test Script uses only the Descriptive Programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment